Cover Letter & Résumé Recommendations
Cover Letter: State the name of position you are applying for and how you may be reached. Include information that is not reflected on your résumé regarding your skills related to the position, but keep it short. Make sure you mention something about your desire to work with people in recovery instead of a challenging position in a retail setting!
Keep your résumé to one page if possible, on plain white paper. Be sure to include:
- Name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- most recent education first;
- current Professional Certifications/Licenses if any; and,
- jobs held whether related to substance abuse field or not with brief description of responsibilities – most recent listed first. Dates of employment should be accurate.
- Do NOT include date of birth, social security number, number of children, a list of references or your hobbies!