Supervised by: Program Director
Hours: 40 per week
- Minimum credential of a CADC, or be eligible to obtain the CADC within six months.
- Knowledge of substance abuse and co-occurring disorders – characteristics, assessment, and treatment.
- Personal characteristics of maturity and professionalism with a sincere desire to work with recovering individuals.
- Basic computer skills in word processing, e-mail, and Internet use.
- Access to transportation.
General Description: Wellspring utilizes the Sanctuary Model, which is a trauma-informed client treatment organizational change model. The Sanctuary Model organizes both our treatment and the way we run our organization. Sanctuary is an inclusive model because it is a way of guiding leaders, staff, clients, and families to share the same language. Substance abuse counselors assist clients in their recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders through counseling, education, role modeling, and empathetic trauma-informed support using Sanctuary framework.
Key Result Areas:
- Provides comprehensive services for clients through competencies (knowledge and skills) in the 12 core functions and the Sanctuary Model as evidenced by the utilization of the 4 Pillars and 7 Commitments.
- Has a therapeutic approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging clients to take responsibility for their lives.
- Is able to work well with others and actively participates as part of the treatment team.
- Demonstrates high professional and ethical standards.
- Acts as a positive role model, providing clients with guidance and support.
- Screening – Conduct interviews and assessments for residential applicants.
- Intake – Conduct initial assessment and complete required documentation at admission.
- Orientation – Describe the residential program and treatment to new clients.
- Assessment – Gather data from the client and other sources; analyze and interpret the data to identify client strengths, weaknesses, and needs.
- Treatment Planning – Collaborate with the client to develop treatment plans, identifying and prioritizing problems, goals, and treatment methods.
- Counseling – Provide individual, family, and group counseling.
- Education – Provide clients and their families with information about substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, treatment, recovery, and resources.
- Crisis management – Respond to client needs during extreme distress or emergencies including after hours on-call coverage.
- Case Management – Coordinate with clients and resources to focus on identified needs and goals.
- Referral – Identify client needs that can’t be met at Wellspring and assist client to use community resources and support systems.
- Consultation – Relate with professionals on client treatment and services to assure comprehensive care.
- Record Keeping – Maintain accurate and up-to-date counseling records.
- Monitor the self-administration of medications in accordance with doctors’ orders and established policies in the absence of the Client Care Coordinator and/or Residential Care Assistant.
- Facilitate the maintenance of a group living atmosphere conducive to rehabilitation.
- Monitor the safety and security of clients and the facility.
- Maintain client confidentiality and high ethical and professional standards.
- Prepare for and participate in individual and group supervision, case review, and clinical staff meetings
- Report to work promptly at assigned hours and submit accurate time sheets to the program director.
- Meet continuing education and other requirements to maintain professional licenses related to the position including continual education with the Sanctuary Model of Care.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the program, clinical, or executive director.
- Attendance and Dependability: Reports to work promptly at assigned hours and is seldom absent from work; submits accurate time sheets to the supervisor. Demonstrates reliability in fulfilling job responsibilities in both routine and complex job situations, meets deadlines for paperwork, is punctual, and maintains a dependable attendance record. Employee can be depended upon to not only complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner but is also conscientious, about assignments. Employee can also be depended upon to adapt to changing work demands, be receptive to new ideas and procedures, and work effectively under pressure or in crisis situations
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the company while maintaining confidentiality of all client related information. Employee is to be empathetic, respectful, and motivational and encourage others to take responsibility for their lives by acting as a positive role model.
- Relationships with Others: Conveys a professional attitude by demonstrating an interest in the job and the agency with a welcoming, empathic, hopeful attitude and by emphasizing the positive aspects of most situations, which supports a philosophy of dual recovery. Engages and welcomes people in ways that convey respect for diversity in a culturally appropriate way. Demonstrates high professional/ethical standards, including the observation of professional boundaries and works well with others as part of the team. Has an approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging clients to take responsibility for their lives.
- Participates in the Sanctuary Model: Wellspring utilizes the Sanctuary Model, which is a trauma-informed client treatment model that organizes both our treatment and the way we run our organization. Sanctuary is an inclusive model because it is a way of guiding leaders, staff, clients, and families to share the same language. Client Care Coordinators help clients in their recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders through role modeling, and empathetic trauma-informed support using the Sanctuary framework, values, principles, and tools in building a trauma informed treatment program.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
(This position is classified as non-exempt from the pay provisions of the Fair Labor and Standards Act)