SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director
HOURS: Exempt: full time
This program will oversee the New Horizon’s 10-bed Residential Detox Program and will be responsible for program implementation, management, regulatory compliance, and staff supervision. This position is responsible for achieving client-centric program objectives and performance related outcomes, while providing leadership, and clinical and administrative supervision to ensure the delivery of safe, quality client care in accordance with program policies and procedures and relevant laws and regulations.
Serving as a member of Wellspring’s management team this position works with a comprehensive team of skilled professionals, including physicians, nurses, and substance use disorder clinicians, as well as non-licensed support staff, and Wellspring’s Senior Management team.
The Program director is responsible and accountable for the day to day operations of the clinic, personnel management (clinical and clerical), financial management, professional fee billing activities, cash management, quality improvement activities, training and input on strategic planning with the Senior Management Team. Directs and manages client flow in adherence to all compliance guidelines. Assists and backs up clinic staff with administrative duties. This individual is responsible for providing high level decision-making in order to manage daily functions and work toward continuous improvement in a team environment.
The position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others. Ability to problem solve at all levels. An open and flexible person who can deal with ambiguity and change. Computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the position. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Wellspring, Inc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field such as Nursing, Behavioral Health, or Health Care Administration/Management
- Master’s of Social Work or a related field with licensure required (LCSW, LCPC), preferred.
- LADC, CCS, preferred
- Knowledge of substance abuse treatment and mental health which reflects current treatment models, familiarity with 12-Step programs Ability to implement program policies and procedures in order to maintain daily structure and consistency within the program milieu and maintain compliance with Maine DHHS licensing standards.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills to communicate and develop positive professional relationships with clients, staff and co-workers and outside professionals.
- Training and experience to provide supervision, evaluation, and leadership to program staff as well as ability to understand and manage fiscal component of program and adhere to budgetary guidelines.
- Must be able to pass a Maine background check
- Three (3) years management experience, preferably in a clinical setting.
- Excellent computer skills; experience with electronic health records preferred.
- Strong compassion for individuals with addiction and general working knowledge of substance use disorders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for oversight of budgeting, contract administration, and staff scheduling for 24/7 operations.
- Working closely with the nursing and counseling staff, is responsible for the selection, training, development and assessment of staff
- Assists in the development of and is responsible for implementation of policies and procedures for the operation of the clinic
- Evaluates system processes and makes recommendations for improvements
- Adheres to Wellspring’s performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Wellspring, including trauma informed care.
- Ability to implement program objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner
- Monitors program safety and ensures a safe environment for staff and clients.
General Description: Wellspring provides trauma-informed care based upon the principles of the Sanctuary Model. The agency provides a continuum of integrated trauma-informed treatment services for adults who are suffering from substance use disorders with co-occurring mental health problems. Wellspring provides detox services, outpatient, intensive outpatient, and gender-specific residential treatment services, including residential treatment for women and children.
- Attendance and Dependability: Demonstrates Social Responsibility by reporting promptly at assigned hours and is seldom absent from work; keeps accurate record of time worked in online time clock. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee uses Open Communication effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the company while maintaining confidentiality of all client related information.
- Relationships with Others: Conveys a welcoming, empathic, hopeful attitude towards people with co-occurring conditions and supports a philosophy of dual recovery. Engages and welcomes people in ways that convey respect for diversity in a culturally appropriate way. Demonstrates high professional/ethical standards and works well with others as part of the treatment team. Has a therapeutic approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging clients to take responsibility for their lives.
- Participates in the Sanctuary Model and incorporates Sanctuary values, principles, and tools in building a trauma informed treatment program.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
The classification of this position is considered exempt from the pay provisions of the Fair Labor and Standards Act.