SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director
HOURS: Full time 40 hours/week
Working with a multidisciplinary team, the Practice Manager is responsible for managing the daily operation and efficient functioning of New Horizon’s Detox Center, a 10-bed clinically managed program of Wellspring, Inc. The Practice Manager will display a high degree of initiative and independent judgement and will collaborate closely with team members to continuously assess and manage a wide range of objectives, including operational, personnel, professional billing,(State contracts, Insurance, Medicaid, Medicare) facilities and systems, and will assist with long range planning and project development. The Practice Manager works to ensure a quality-based, client-oriented work flow.
- College degree in Nursing, Behavioral Health, Health Care Administration/Management, or commensurate experience preferred.
- Two (2) years management experience, preferably in a clinical setting.
- Familiarity with medical and behavioral health terminology, third party reimbursement and customer service training.
- Must possess excellent computer skills; experience with electronic health records preferred.
- Strong compassion for individuals with addiction and general working knowledge of substance use disorders.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Manages the day to day operations of the detox facility by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; ensuring all health records are updated and approved; reviewing and approving supply requisitions.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures, monitors statistics, manages client flow and front desk operations, coordinates space and infrastructure issues and ensures effective coordination of training programs.
- Works with Director of Human Resources to recruit, train and supervise staff and ensure that performance evaluations, payroll, employee changes and other personnel transactions are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides support, direction and development to staff and identifies issues/projects to ensure provision of quality client services.
- Works with senior leadership to develop and monitor the program budget, manages front end and billing, and reviews and addresses billing issues and statistics to ensure revenue maximization
- Uses discretion and judgement to recognize priorities, complete tasks and handle confidential information.
- Monitors program safety and ensures a safe environment for staff and patients.
General Description: Wellspring provides trauma-informed care based upon the principles of the Sanctuary Model. The agency provides a continuum of integrated trauma-informed treatment services for adults who are suffering from substance use disorders with co-occurring mental health problems. Wellspring provides detox services, outpatient, intensive outpatient, and gender-specific residential treatment services, including residential treatment for women and children. All Wellspring programs are located within the greater Bangor area.
- Attendance and Dependability: Demonstrates Social Responsibility by reporting promptly at assigned hours and is seldom absent from work; keeps accurate record of time worked in online time clock. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee uses Open Communication effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the company while maintaining confidentiality of all client related information.
- Relationships with Others: Conveys a welcoming, empathic, hopeful attitude towards people with co-occurring conditions and supports a philosophy of dual recovery. Engages and welcomes people in ways that convey respect for diversity in a culturally appropriate way. Demonstrates high professional/ethical standards and works well with others as part of the treatment team. Has a therapeutic approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging clients to take responsibility for their lives.
- Participates in the Sanctuary Model and incorporates Sanctuary values, principles, and tools in building a trauma informed treatment program.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
The classification of this position is considered exempt from the pay provisions of the Fair Labor and Standards Act.