SUPERVISED BY: Program Director
HOURS: Full time 40 hours/week
Part time less than 30 hours/week.
- Must possess a valid Maine State Driver’s License
- A driving record with no violations in the past 2 years; no OUIs in last 7 years
- Possess certification in CPR and First Aid or able to complete course within four months
- Basic understanding of substance use disorder and empathy toward those in recovery
- Ability to keep professional boundaries at all times
- A high school education; GED or higher or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Description: Wellspring provides trauma-informed care utilizing principles of the Sanctuary Model. The agency provides a continuum of integrated trauma-informed treatment services for adults who are suffering from substance use disorders with co-occurring mental health problems. Wellspring provides detox services, outpatient, intensive outpatient, and gender-specific residential treatment services, including residential treatment for women and children. All Wellspring programs are located within the greater Bangor area.
BASIC PURPOSE AND KEY EXPECTATIONS:
- Transports clients safely in agency van from residence to appointments and other venues as assigned.
- Inspects agency vehicle for defects before and after trips and reports any issues with vehicle condition to program director.
- Picks up agency shopping orders and delivers to appropriate location.
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times.
- Wears seat belt at all times.
- Does not text, email, on talk on cell phones while the vehicle is in motion.
This position is occasionally performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping in the course of a day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Attendance and Dependability: This position is considered essential personnel to Wellspring’s staffing plan and plays a vital role in the security, safety, and critical operations of our residential programs. Employees are expected to be prepared with reliable transportation and caregiver coverage to report to regularly scheduled shifts including during inclement weather.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the company while maintaining confidentiality of all client related information. Employee is empathetic, respectful, and motivational and encourage others to take responsibility for their lives by acting as a positive role model.
- Relationships with Others: Conveys a professional attitude by demonstrating an interest in the job and the agency with a welcoming, empathic, hopeful attitude and by emphasizing the positive aspects of most situations, which supports a philosophy of dual recovery. Engages and welcomes people in ways that convey respect for diversity in a culturally appropriate way. Demonstrates high professional/ethical standards, including the observation of professional boundaries and works well with others as part of the team. Has empathetic, respectful, and motivational approach and encourages clients to take responsibility for their lives.
- Professional development: Understands job responsibilities and adheres to policies and procedures; expands knowledge and skills necessary for job; demonstrates self-awareness of and ability to work through attitudes that negatively affect performance, including personal reactivity. Employee will prioritize time and tasks efficiently; distinguish between major and minor issues; develop logical and creative solutions to problems; and make effective decisions within the scope of their duties. Employee will also productively utilize supervision; keep supervisor informed; adequately prepare for supervision.
- Participates in the Sanctuary Model and incorporates Sanctuary values, principles, and tools in building a trauma informed treatment program.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
The classification of this position is considered non-exempt from the pay provisions of the Fair Labor and Standards Act.