SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director
HOURS: 20 hours a week (part-time, non-exempt position)
Responsibilities will include processing all charitable gifts, preparing acknowledgement and reminder letters, generating reports, and overall management of fundraising data and paper records, as well as managing social media, website updates and designing simple promotional materials. The Development Assistant also works closely with the Executive Director and other staff in the planning and execution of fundraising events and promotions. Other responsibilities include, handling mailings, working with volunteers, setting up meetings, ordering office supplies and managing the development calendar.
Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and the ability to happily and efficiently juggle multiple tasks. Candidates must be proficient with database management and have ideally have experience with the gift entry process. Strong working knowledge of MS Office is required and candidates will be asked to demonstrate skills. Experience with non-profit fundraising software is a plus.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintains foundation, corporation and individual donor files. Continually updates and corrects database records.
- Supports the Executive Director in gift solicitation: produces reports, schedules meetings and appointments, conducts prospect research, and helps prepare for donor meetings.
- Processes donations and prepares acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Creates queries and reports from donor management system as needed.
- Coordinates production and mailing of appeal letters.
- Coordinates information sharing with the finance department:
- includes copying checks, tracking weekly batches, and assisting in running financial reports and reconciling deposits, as directed.
- Codes and tracks general donations, tributes, workplace gifts.
- Uploads online transactions (sign ups, profile updates, donations, memberships and event registrations) from online giving systems
- Updates website and social media sites weekly.
- Assist Executive Director with the planning and execution of special events as assigned.
General Description: Wellspring utilizes the Sanctuary Model, which is a trauma-informed client treatment organizational change model. The Sanctuary Model organizes both our treatment and the way we run our organization. Sanctuary is an inclusive model because it is a way of guiding leaders, staff, clients, and families to share the same language. Administrative employees help clients in their recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders through role modeling, and empathetic trauma-informed support using Sanctuary framework.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- High school diploma required, Associates degree or higher preferred
- Demonstrated ability in office management and word processing skills.
- Demonstrated ability with WordPress
- Demonstrated ability with managing Facebook
- Demonstrated ability with
- Experienced in secretarial skills with proficiency in filing, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising software is preferred
- Must hold a valid Maine driver’s license and have access to an automobile on a daily basis.
- Attendance and Dependability: Reports to work promptly at assigned hours and is seldom absent from work; submits accurate time sheets to the supervisor. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the company while maintaining confidentiality of all client related information.
- Relationships with Others: Conveys a welcoming, empathic, hopeful attitude towards people with co-occurring conditions and supports a philosophy of dual recovery. Engages and welcomes people in ways that convey respect for diversity in a culturally appropriate way. Demonstrates high professional/ethical standards and works well with others as part of the treatment team. Has a therapeutic approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging clients to take responsibility for their lives.
- Participates in the Sanctuary Model and incorporates Sanctuary values, principles, and tools in building a trauma informed treatment program.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
The classification of this position is considered non-exempt from the pay provisions of the Fair Labor and Standards Act.