Wellspring Women with Children Residential Program
POSITION DESCRIPTION – CLIENT CARE COORDINATOR
Supervised by: Program Director
Hours: 40 per week, 8 am to 4 pm
Basic Purpose: Coordinate health and medical care for residents as well as assist them in developing healthy basic living skills; pursuing educational and employment interests; and integrating into the community.
- High school diploma or GED; CRMA certification preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the helping professions as well as addictions and co-occurring disorders
- Ability to relate maturely and professionally with people in recovery
- Ability to protect client confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Basic computer skills and experience, preferably w/Microsoft Word, Outlook, Explorer, and Google
- A valid driver’s license.
Key Result Areas:
- Assists residents with admissions, recreation, and daily needs such as medications and transportation.
- Assist residents to develop basic living skills and those necessary to successfully integrate into the community
- Is empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging residents to take responsibility for their lives.
- Demonstrates high professional / ethical standards and work well with others as part of the treatment team
- Acts as a positive role model, providing residents with guidance and support.
- Assist residents with admission and orientation to the program and therapeutic community.
- Accurately monitor and document the self-administration of medications, coordinate client care with medical care providers and program staff, order medication in a timely manner to ensure consistency, ensure proper storage of all medications, and maintain accuracy of resident medical chart.
- Assist residents with increasing independence and/or facilitate integration into the community through skill building development in areas such as budgeting, arranging own appointments and transportation, and completing applications for services such as housing, food assistance, medical care, etc.
- Provide and coordinate vocational education through orientation to various educational and/or vocational resources including but not limited to the CareerCenter and library
- Ensure that house committee establishes appropriate chore assignments and that all chores are completed in accordance with program standards
- Assist residents with referrals and appointments with community resources, coordinating these efforts with other program staff.
- Provide limited follow-up support and/or referrals to clients who transition into the community
- Arrange resident transportation for appointments and/or provide it with the agency van when other transportation is unavailable to them.
- Oversee morning room checks and assist with other resident room checks and/or searches.
- Conduct urine drug screenings.
- Substitute for and/or assist the Administrative Assistant with developing monthly menus with residents that meet the approval of a registered dietician, including special dietary needs, as well as purchasing food and other supplies as needed
- Collaborate with the treatment team to meet residents’ personal care needs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Ensure that the group living atmosphere remains conducive to the recovery of the residents by interacting with residents in an empathetic, respectful, and motivational manner and serving as a role model when providing them with support and assistance in problem solving and encouraging them to take responsibility for their lives.
- Monitor the safety and security of residents and the facility.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and high ethical standards.
- Prepare for and participate in individual and group supervision, case review, and staff meetings.
- Report to work promptly at assigned hours and submit accurate time sheets to the program director.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the program, clinical, or executive director.
- Attendance and Dependability: Reports to work promptly at assigned hours and is seldom absent from work; submits accurate time sheets to the supervisor. Demonstrates reliability in fulfilling job responsibilities in both routine and complex job situations, meets deadlines for paperwork, is punctual, and maintains a dependable attendance record. Employee can be depended upon to not only complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner but is also conscientious, about assignments. Employee can also be depended upon to adapt to changing work demands, be receptive to new ideas and procedures, and work effectively under pressure or in crisis situations
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the company while maintaining confidentiality of all client related information. Employee is to be empathetic, respectful, and motivational and encourage others to take responsibility for their lives by acting as a positive role model.
- Relationships with Others: Conveys a professional attitude by demonstrating an interest in the job and the agency with a welcoming, empathic, hopeful attitude and by emphasizing the positive aspects of most situations, which supports a philosophy of dual recovery. Engages and welcomes people in ways that convey respect for diversity in a culturally appropriate way. Demonstrates high professional/ethical standards, including the observation of professional boundaries and works well with others as part of the team. Has an approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging clients to take responsibility for their lives.
- Professional development: Understands job responsibilities and adheres to policies and procedures; expands knowledge and skills necessary for job; demonstrates self-awareness of and ability to work through attitudes that negatively affect performance, including personal reactivity. Employee will prioritize time and tasks efficiently; distinguish between major and minor issues; develop logical and creative solutions to problems; and make effective decisions within the scope of their duties. Employee will also productively utilize supervision; keep supervisor informed; adequately prepare for supervision.
- Participates in the Sanctuary Model: Wellspring utilizes the Sanctuary Model, which is a trauma-informed client treatment model that organizes both our treatment and the way we run our organization. Sanctuary is an inclusive model because it is a way of guiding leaders, staff, clients, and families to share the same language. Client Care Coordinators help clients in their recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders through role modeling, and empathetic trauma-informed support using the Sanctuary framework, values, principles, and tools in building a trauma informed treatment program.