SUPERVISED BY: Program Director and Senior Counselor
HOURS: Full time 40 hours/week
Part time less than 30 hours/week.
All positions are Evenings, Overnights, Weekends and Holidays.
Provides milieu management and ensures safety of individuals or groups in an addiction withdrawal management program. The Addiction Recovery Tech is responsible for the support and monitoring of clients while in the program, as well as ensuring the physical environment is safe and clean. He/she will maintain close communication with clinical staff, nursing staff, and administration to ensure the client needs are being met.
- Interacts with a client population that is actively intoxicated and/or experiencing symptoms of withdrawal. Provides guidance, safety, stability and direction to these clients.
- Identifies emergency signals and situations and reacts appropriately.
- Prepares meals and clean up
- Provides clients with their daily schedules
- Ensures each Residential client is accounted for during various checks during the shift
- Implements pro-social group activities for residents
- Crisis Intervention as needed
- Monitors the facility to ensure it is maintained in a neat and orderly manner and that all outside doors remain secured.
- Practices OSHA safety standards and disposes of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards.
- May assist in transporting admitted clients to hospitals, aftercare or other approve services as directed by clinical staff or program director.
- Executes weekly van inspection and ensures it has fuel and is safe to drive.
- Effectively responds to the client needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, email and other requests.
- Adheres to all Wellspring, Inc. Policies and Procedures.
- Attends shift passdown meetings and comes prepared with information to share.
- Participates in supervision by coming prepared. Reports high risk/problem cases using a problem solving approach as well as feedback.
- Attends mandatory in-services, staff meetings, and on-line training as required.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the principles of trauma informed care and the principles of addiction treatment.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relations with clients, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public. Uses language and behavior to promote dignity and respect.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Must be sensitive to the diverse cultural and situational needs of the clients.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Minimum requirements and Qualifications
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR preferred.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or Equivalent (Associates degree in mental health or addiction treatment setting preferred)
- Training in motivational interviewing a plus.
- Training in Trauma Informed Care a plus.
- Recovery coach training a plus.
- Valid Maine Driver’s License with a driving record that meets agency requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed or on a rotating schedule.