Supervised by: Director of Operations
Hours: Full-time; Outpatient office hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt from the pay provisions of the Fair Labor and Standards Act.
- High school diploma, Associates Degree or Bachelors preferred
- Demonstrated experience with billing and accounts receivable functions
- Ability to operate independently and proactively to accomplish tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in accounting software, preferably Quickbooks.
- Ability to relate maturely and professionally with individuals and families affected by addiction and/or mental health disorders.
- Ability to protect client confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a car is necessary.
JOB PURPOSE: Manages accounts receivable, including claims submission and problem resolution; manages accounts payable; provides telephone and front-desk receptionist services; supports clinical and administrative staff in various tasks as needed.
Sanctuary Description: Wellspring utilizes the Sanctuary Model, which is a trauma-informed client treatment organizational change model. The Sanctuary Model organizes both our treatment and the way we run our organization. Sanctuary is an inclusive model that guides leaders, staff, clients, and families to share the same language. Administrative employees help clients in their recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders through role modeling, and empathetic trauma-informed support using Sanctuary framework.
- Bills MaineCare and insurance companies for revenue. Posts client payments, MaineCare and 3rd party remittance payments to Helper. Prepares monthly client statements and follows up on overdue balances.
- Verifies client continued eligibility on a monthly basis.
- Obtains and extends APS and other Prior Authorizations. Manages problems in the authorization, billing and payment processes.
- Codes Wellspring and BHH vendor invoices and enters them to Quickbooks. Prints checks and files check/invoice copies.
- Maintains statistics as required, including but not limited to DSAT and TDS.
- Codes MaineCare remittances with batch numbers and totals; submits to Finance Director.
- Prepares Wellspring and BHH bank deposits and delivers to the bank.
- Answers and processes telephone calls and greets all visitors at the front desk in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains office equipment in good working order, including but not limited to: copier, fax, and telephone and voice mail system.
- Types, photocopies and files as required by the administrative and clinical staff.
- Maintains supply of all necessary forms.
- Distributes agency mail and acts as second back up to mail delivery.
- Creates monthly list for counselors of charts to be audited. Do audits as received and file charts when audit completed.
- Orders office and janitorial supplies.
- Prepares and submits MaineCare and third party payer applications, including license renewals.
- Travels between program sites, training, miscellaneous errands related to job and other meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as required by the Director of Operations, Accountant, and Executive Director.
- Attendance and Dependability: Reports to work promptly at assigned hours and is seldom absent from work; submits accurate online time sheets to the supervisor. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the company while maintaining confidentiality of all client related information.
- Relationships with Others: Conveys a welcoming, empathic, hopeful attitude towards people with co-occurring conditions and supports a philosophy of dual recovery. Engages and welcomes people in ways that convey respect for diversity in a culturally appropriate way. Demonstrates high professional/ethical standards and works well with others as part of the treatment team. Has a therapeutic approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging clients to take responsibility for their lives.
- Participates in the Sanctuary Model and incorporates Sanctuary values, principles, and tools in building a trauma informed treatment program.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.