Supervised by: Director of Operations
Hours: Full-time; Outpatient office hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt from the pay provisions of the Fair Labor and Standards Act.
- High school diploma, Associates Degree or Bachelors preferred
- Demonstrated experience with accounting and financial office tasks
- Ability to operate independently and proactively to accomplish tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proficiency in accounting software, preferably Quickbooks.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to relate maturely and professionally with individuals and families affected by addiction and/or mental health disorders.
- Ability to protect client confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a car is necessary.
JOB PURPOSE: Works closely with the Director of Operations and administrative staff to carry out key financial and accounting tasks. Serves as back up to Director of Human Resources for payroll and payroll reporting. Also serves as back-up for telephone and front-desk receptionist services and supports clinical and administrative staff in various tasks as needed.
Sanctuary Description: Wellspring utilizes the Sanctuary Model, a trauma-informed client treatment organizational change model. Sanctuary principles inform both our clinical treatment and the way we run our organization. It is an inclusive model that guides leaders, staff, clients, and families to share the same language. Administrative employees help clients in their recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders through role modeling, and empathetic trauma-informed support using Sanctuary framework.
- Assists the Director of Operations in closing monthly financials including preparing month end closure entries.
- Works proficiently in Quickbooks to key in entries, match up invoices, and conduct analysis of expenses
- Assists in the preparation of agency annual budgets
- Works collaboratively with members of the front office staff
- Travels between program sites, training, miscellaneous errands related to job and other meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as required by the Director of Operations, Accountant, and Executive Director.
- Attendance and Dependability: Reports to work promptly at assigned hours and is seldom absent from work; submits accurate online time sheets to the supervisor. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the company while maintaining confidentiality of all client related information.
- Relationships with Others: Conveys a welcoming, empathic, hopeful attitude towards people with co-occurring conditions and supports a philosophy of dual recovery. Engages and welcomes people in ways that convey respect for diversity in a culturally appropriate way. Demonstrates high professional/ethical standards and works well with others as part of the treatment team. Has a therapeutic approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging clients to take responsibility for their lives.
- Participates in the Sanctuary Model and incorporates Sanctuary values, principles, and tools in building a trauma informed treatment program.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.